Whatever Ya Got Salad With Kale
Easy salad using whatever is on hand and fresh curly kale.
Servings: 2 servings
Cost: $3.00 per serving
- 8 whole grape or cherry tomatoes cut in halves
- 1 1/2 clam shell fresh salad greens your favorite variety
- 2 whole green onions sliced into pennies
- 4 whole radishes sliced into pennies
- 8 whole marinated artichoke hearts sliced in halves or quarters
- ½ cup raisins, or currants soaked in warm water to rehydrate
- 2 large handfuls curly kale in bite sized pieces. Massaged to tenderize.
- 1 whole medium sized carrot shredded, large shreds
- 1 cup beans like garbanzos, black beans, kidney beans, cannellini, etc. your choice
- ½ cup tahini
- 1 tbs lemon juice
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 clove garlic
- ⅛ cup water
- 1 pinch ground cayenne pepper
- 1 cup garbanzo beans mashed
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tbs parsley leaves chopped
Put all ingredients for the salad in a bowl and toss. Set aside.
Put all ingredients for the dressing in the blender and puree. Add enough water to thin to pourable consistency. Adjust all seasonings and spices to taste.
Serve salad in bowls and top with dressing.
The ingredients are just suggestions.
You can add any fresh, cooked or pickled vegetables, cooked grains, beans, diced apples, grapes, roasted vegetables, nuts, seeds, etc. Your imagination and what's in your fridge are your only limits. Go for it!